As we approach the halfway point of 2016, I thought it would be cool to assemble all (or most of) the artwork I’ve produced so far this year and get a better sense of where I want to go next.
A few stray observations:
- I am actually pretty proud of the amount of work I’ve done since January 1st, even if it is mostly fanart. I’ve always had a problem with low productivity, so it’s good to see that I’ve had some success turning that around. HOWEVER…
- there have been times when I’ve drawn something and posted it just because I felt like I had to do something, and that makes me feel artistically cheap.
- art-wise, I still waste too much of my time in the kiddie pool playing it safe, and by that I mean: too many doodles, flat colours, and easy compositions, AND YET…
- the cartoon-y stuff really speaks to me, and you can’t get more doodle-y than that
- I really should get back to doing a Drawing/Study a Day
- drawing Beefcake is FUN :p (ooh! Maybe I could combine the two and make it a Beefcake Study a Day?)